TrailMix Pro App Review + Promo Code
If you’re one of the many runners that prefers to run with an iOS device such as an iPhone or iPod Touch, you’ll probably know there are many apps available that can help with your running routine. Today we review the TrailMix app, which claims to be the world’s first fully automatic step synced music player that can help runners.
Read more for the TrailMix app review plus a special promo code to download TrailMix Pro version worth $4.99 for free.
What is TrailMix?
TrailMix is a free app or $4.99 for the pro version that provides automatic music syncing when you are running or walking. The idea is when you are walking or running and listening to your favourite tunes, the app can automatically detect and adjust the beats of your songs to match the tempo of your strides or steps.
For example, if you are running fast, the tempo of your music will speed up to match your steps and if you are running or walking slow, the tempo of your songs will also slow down.
So why is this important? It has been scientifically shown that synchronising your stride lengths to match the tempo of your music can allow you to run longer and further, increasing endurance by as much as 15%. The body loves rhythms and matching your stride lengths with the tempo of your music can make running more efficient. So if you want to improve your running efficiency and endurance, TrailMix might be the app for you.
How TrailMix works?
1. To start, you pick a song and TrailMix will determine its tempo
2. The app automatically detects the pace of your footsteps using the accelerometer sensor built into your iPhone
3. TrailMix will then remix the song to match your current pace
1. Automatic beat detector to detect the tempo of your songs
2. Can track the pace of your footsteps using your iPhones built-in accelerometer
3. Can set your own preferred custom tempo (pro version only)
4. User-friendly interface with large buttons. This is useful while you are running
5. The pro version also features magic shuffle that automatically picks the best song, unlimited playlist capacity and enhanced stats.
1. The free version can contain annoying ads
2. Setting custom tempos only available on the pro version
3. Limited playlist capacity on the free version (Up to 20)
4. Some runners may find the $4.99 price tag expensive for an app
TrailMix is certainly an interesting app that claims to be the world’s first fully automatic step synced music player. There’s no doubt that the body loves rhythms and running in sync to something can actually help improve your endurance, allowing you to run further and longer.
If you’ve already tried running with a digital metronome, you’ll probably realise that running to beeps is not as interesting as running to your favourite songs. In a nutshell, the app brings the benefits of synchronising your stride lengths while listening to your favourite songs while improving your endurance.
TrailMix Pro Giveaway
The guys at Resonant Technologies who developed TrailMix have been kind enough to offer the first 10 lucky readers to download the TrailMix Pro version for free, worth $4.99.
Just follow this link to get your promo code to download the pro version on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Remember, only the first 10 readers can download the pro version using the link and they will expire on Sunday 22nd September, so be quick. Alternatively, you can download the free version here.
Be sure to check out our other recommended iPhone apps for running, to help you with your training.
Do you run with TrailMix? What running apps do you use? Share your feedback or comments below.
- Top 5 Running Apps
- Top 9 Running Apps
- Best 10 Running Apps
- Top 10 Running Apps for 2016
- Tempo App Review and Promo Code Competition
- The Top 5 Android Apps for Runners
- 5 Tips For Buying a Digital Metronome For Running
- Free Running Metronome MP3 Download
- Top 5 iPhone Apps for Runners
- Best 5 Running Apps for Apple Watch